- Corbin leads D-backs over Cubs as NL Central race tightens
PHOENIX — The Arizona Diamondbacks had been grinding their way through games, playing from behind for most of the week.
- Bolt takes tumble, can’t complete final race at worlds
Usain Bolt was ramping into warp speed when suddenly, stunningly, the sprint turned into a somersault.
- Local Sports in Brief: Central Arizona Horseshoe Club posts results
<strong>Golf results</strong> Antelope Hills Ladies’ Golf Association’s play of the day was “ABCD Teams” Aug. 10 on the South Course ...
- Darrell Wallace Jr. wins in first NASCAR Truck race since 2014
In his first NASCAR Truck Series race in three years, Darrell Wallace Jr. looked as if he had never left.
- Targeting: College football’s most hated rule here to stay
In these times when so much divides Americans, the targeting penalty brings college football fans together. Just about all of ...
- Earnhardt Jr. has had his moments at Michigan
Dale Earnhardt Jr. was racing for the win in a 1999 IROC event at Michigan.
- WNBA in Brief: Storm top Mercury
<strong>STORM 98, MERCURY 89</strong> Editor’s Note — The Seattle Storm defeated the Phoenix Mercury, 98-89, Saturday night.
- Kisner survives wild finish to take PGA lead
Even after his shot bounced high off a concrete bridge over a creek, Kevin Kisner wasn’t in the clear at ...
- Lackey wins 5th straight, Cubs beat D-backs
PHOENIX — John Lackey won his fifth straight start and the Chicago Cubs opened a weekend series in the desert ...
- 2017 Wildcats Preview: Arizona looking for bounce-back season
TUCSON — Arizona was in a good place three seasons ago, competing for the Pac-12 South, winning 10 games.
- 2017 Sun Devils Preview: Arizona State vying to get back on track
TEMPE — Arizona State coach Todd Graham received contract extensions after each of the past four seasons, keeping his contract ...
- PGA Championship: Mickelson struggles, calls last 2 majors ‘atrocious’
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Phil Mickelson managed a quick smile and a tip of the cap to the crowd after his ...
- PGA Championship: Matsuyama, Kisner tied for lead at Quail Hollow
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Hideki Matsuyama never looks satisfied with his shots or his score, no matter how good they look.
- Prescott senior softball club takes 2nd in tourney
The DeFran Dynamos of Prescott.
- Sports in Brief: Dallas RB Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games
DALLAS — The NFL suspended star Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott for six games Friday, concluding after a yearlong ...
- Turner, Hernandez help Dodgers hold off D-backs
PHOENIX — National League batting average leader Justin Turner and Kike Hernandez drove in a combined five runs, helping Yu ...
- PGA Championship: Kisner, Olesen open with 67s on fast greens
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Jordan Spieth felt like he was “free rolling” coming into the PGA Championship, the only major keeping ...
- ACC Preview: Clemson’s losses could open door for FSU, Louisville
RALEIGH, N.C. — Clemson coach Dabo Swinney understands why preseason questions about the Tigers focus more on who’s gone from ...
- Mountain West Preview: SDSU, Boise State expected to make run for title
SAN DIEGO — One week after the NFL’s Chargers announced they were relocating to Los Angeles, San Diego State gave ...
- Baseball: No dodging Los Angeles
Hitless in 23 previous at-bats, the Los Angeles Dodgers’ Joc Pederson faced Arizona Diamondbacks ace Zack Greinke with two outs ...
- Column: Who’s your hiking buddy?
The radio announcer said, “Wherever you are hanging out today, on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc., we’d love to connect ...
- Cardinals' rookie impressive in camp
GLENDALE — The Arizona Cardinals may have found themselves another Tyrann Mathieu in aggressive, versatile rookie Budda Baker.