- Ask the Contractor: A primer on homeowners insurance
With the recent fires and floods that occurred in our county, we have received several insurance questions.
- Dorm decor gets serious
When Young Huh left for college in the 1980s, she brought “one giant poster of The Cure, bedding from the ...
- Keeping it fresh from the garden to the table
Maximize the flavor and nutritional value of your homegrown vegetables with proper harvesting and storage.
- Dear Annie: Dishes debate: What is the most thorough method?
Dear Annie: This is a constant debate in my house, and I am sure it is in others.
- Gardening apps are getting better all the time
Gardening apps are getting better all the time, supplanting manuals and textbooks as the way people dig for information.
- Ready, set (the table), go! Tablescaping gets competitive
Andrea Smith’s dining room will be out of commission for the next few months while she prepares what she hopes ...
- To RO or not to RO, that is the question
I remember a former president flying his 747 jets across the ocean and back to attend a one-day conference on ...
- Senior Menus for the week of Monday, August 14 to Friday, Aug. 18
Senior Menus for the week of Monday, August 14 to Friday, Aug. 18
- Social Security: Why it pays to keep a careful eye on your earnings record
Whether you’re ready to retire, just joining the workforce, or somewhere in between, regularly reviewing your Social Security earnings record ...
- Corridor Briefs: Week of Aug. 11, 2017
Corridor Briefs: Week of Aug. 11, 2017
- Calendar of Events: Aug. 11 - 18
Ongoing “Meeting the 4 O’Clock Train” exhibit, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Sharlot Hall Museum, 415 W. Gurley St., ...
- Birding: Birding in Southeastern Arizona
This past week, I spent four days in Sierra Vista attending the Southwest Wings Birding and Nature Festival.
- Model presented to son of man who served on ship
Yavapai Scale Modelers recently presented a model built by late member Robert “Bob” Thrommen, who died in June, to the ...
- Dear Annie: Dealing with grief and loss
Dear Annie: Lord willing, next month I’ll turn 67. In a recent column, you solicited seniors to write about issues ...
- Planet Fitness, local vet team up for veterans’ health
Registered Veterans at Northern Arizona VA Health Care System will be able to work toward their goals of a healthier ...
- Walker Fire Department benefit at Chipotle
Get a burrito or bowl at the Prescott Chipotle Mexican Grill between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21, ...
- Christian based after-school program
Parents, are you looking for a Christ-centered program where your child can meet new friends, earn badges and have fun?
- Dear Annie: Friend cannot stop talking, doesn’t give others chance to speak
I am sure that you have dealt with this in the past, but we have a friend in our circle ...
- Limit kids’ intake of fruit juice, experts say
Is fruit juice a staple in your little one’s diet?
- Child of the Week: Austin
Austin is an active 12-year-old boy who loves video games, his dirt bike and science.
- To Your Good Health: Asthma at 60? Yes, it’s possible
I am a fit and healthy 60-year-old male. Recently I was troubled by a series of escalating symptoms: I occasionally ...
- CPAP user swallowing air needs specialist
Dear Dr. Rosenberg, I have been on CPAP for a few months. I was set up without ever seeing a ...
- VA launches Physician Ambassador Program
The Northern Arizona VA Health Care System (NAVAHCS) is pleased to announce the launch of the VA Physician Ambassador Program.
- Pet Focus: UAF Superstar of the Week – Bootsey
Bootsey is a domestic short hair gray and black tabby with cute white mittens who was born June 12, 2007.
- Dear Annie: Out-of-hand loan causes much marital strife
I have been married for 23 years to my husband. I was a stay-at-home mom for 12 of those years ...