Click for FREE HOME DELIVERY
- Days Past: The Kolb brothers ... plus one
Most writings about Ellsworth and Emery Kolb — Grand Canyon pioneers — blare the headline: “THE KOLB BROTHERS.”
- Amazing Places: Evidence of Peavine railroad still visible
This week’s “Amazing Place” is a follow-up to my article about the Lime Kiln, which is right next to the ...
- Dear Annie: Dead-end relationship
<strong>Dear Annie:</strong> I met my boyfriend, “Tyler,” almost six years ago. For the past two years, I’ve been wondering whether ...
- Dear Rhonda & Dr. Cheri: Is my child a victim of my domestic abuse?
<strong>Dear Rhonda and Dr. Cheri,</strong> My two daughters saw me being violently abused by their father.
- Prescott Valley breast cancer survivor
There’s more to fighting cancer than just surviving it. This became clear for Prescott Valley resident Shannon Fitzgerald as she ...
- A disease ‘from the neck up’
As a surgeon whose specialty is with breast cancer patients, Dr. Michael Macon not only has impeccable medical credentials but ...
- How you can reduce your chances of getting cancer
You’ve probably heard the phrase “everything causes cancer.” Well, that’s simply not true.
- The spiritual side of dealing with breast cancer: Leaders say to follow doctors’ advice
Anyone — even a person of faith — can be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Breast Cancer Warrior: ‘Can-do attitude’
My lovely wife, Jodi McBride, 67 years young, is a Breast Cancer Thriver.
- Breast Cancer Warrior: Grace, faith and humor
I am celebrating my dear friend, Kennie Mae Crotts, a champion breast cancer survivor.
- Many insurance plans cover mammography, mastectomy
Health insurance plans are not created equally, but many may cover just what’s needed when it comes to breast cancer.
- Clinical trials bring doctors ‘within striking distance’ of a cure
Arizona Oncology Dr. Iyad Hamarneh in Prescott Valley is heavily involved in clinical trials for drugs use to treat breast ...
- Breast Cancer Warrior: Laughter is the ‘Best Medicine’
December 2007 was the beginning of my year to become a warrior. Receiving that dreaded phone call that makes your ...
- Breast Cancer Warrior: My hero!
My wife, Hope Caren Elizabeth Johnson, is my hero.
- Prescott Frontier Days rodeo’s ‘Tough Enough to Wear Pink’ raises thousands of dollars
Since 2008, the Prescott Frontier Days Rodeo has participated in the Wrangler “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” campaign, a national ...
- Breast Cancer Warrior: My Warrior Mom
Nearly five years ago, my mom, Judy Cooksey of Prescott, completed her last chemo treatment.
- After breast cancer treatment can come lymphedema
Women who have been treated for breast cancer can be at a higher risk for developing lymphedema.
- Support can play role in healing whether online or through local groups
A diagnosis of breast cancer, even in the earliest stages, is never welcome.
- Breast Cancer Warrior: Three-time survivor
The diagnosis of cancer is the beginning of a very emotional, difficult journey that forces each individual to reach deep ...
- Breast Cancer Warrior: We earned our wings
I’m Deborah Portzer, a 63-year-old, three-time breast cancer survivor – stage 4 in hip/leg, needed hip replacement, replaced femur, neck ...
- Genetic testing can define risk
Ninety percent of breast cancer patients have no genetic components to their cancer, said YRMC BreastCare Center clinical navigator Julie ...
- It happens. The cancer has spread. Now what?
Metastatic breast cancer can be treated, but not cured. Only 6 percent of women initially diagnosed with breast cancer are ...
- Why Susan G. Komen no longer has a presence in Arizona
Dwindling donations and fundraising event participation caused the Susan G. Komen organization to discontinue its annual Race for the Cure ...
- Breast-cancer awareness functions grow in Prescott, Prescott Valley
As the quad cities of Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley and Dewey-Humboldt continue to grow, so, too, are events being ...
- Dear Annie: Gambling husband leaves woman struggling
<strong>Dear Annie:</strong> I’m a woman in my 90s. My husband and I were married in 1949 when I was 21. ...