- Making your home efficient in the wi-fi age
New energy research announced today by Parks Associates reveals 56 percent of U.S. broadband households believe it is very important ...
- Dear Annie: Retirement comes in with a bang
Dear Annie: I am a 67-year-old man who has extreme seller’s remorse and have slipped into depression from selling my ...
- Corridor Calendar: Week of Feb. 16
Produce will be Feb. 21 at the Community Center. Doors open at 7 a.m. and close at 9.
- Complete these home improvements in a weekend’s time
Home improvement projects ramp up when the weather warms up, as homeowners channel the rejuvenating feelings of spring and tackle ...
- Spring Valley gets a new library
A dream that has been years in the making is finally coming to realization.
- Prepare home’s HVAC systems for those warmer days
The arrival of a new season can be an exciting time.
- Senior Menus for the week of Monday, Feb. 19 to Friday, Feb. 23
Senior Menus for the week of Monday, Feb. 19 to Friday, Feb. 23:
- Social Security: Social Security collaborates with America Saves Week
A secure retirement is created from a lifetime of planning and saving.
- Report: 8 lenders aren’t serving people of color for home loans
Across America, a troubling pattern emerges in data analyzed by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting — nearly two-thirds ...
- ‘The New 2018 Reverse Mortgage’ topic of March 1 speech
“The New 2018 Reverse Mortgage” is a free Senior Connection Speakers Bureau presentation to occur from noon to 1 p.m. ...
- Black Canyon City community cleanup coming up
District 2 Supervisor Tom Thurman and the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors, working with the Public Works Department, have announced ...
- Birding: Change of pace, change of venue
Last week I wrote about my experience seeing a snowy owl in Odessa, Texas.
- Dear Annie: Dealing with the leftovers thief
Dear Annie: I have had this issue with a certain family member, and I am hoping you can advise me ...
- Aquatherapy: More than a dip in a pool
When you think about getting into a pool, you might think of floating, relaxing, or splashing around having fun.
- Dear Annie: Husband addicted to game
Dear Annie: Ever since “Pokemon Go” came out, my husband has been spending a lot of time playing it.
- To Your Good Health: A primer on the 2017 flu season vaccines
DR. ROACH WRITES: It is nearly flu season, and I want to discuss the options for vaccines available this year ...
- Health in Brief: Yavapai Regional's annual Celebrate Life Health Expo is March 3
The event will be Saturday March 3, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., at the Prescott Valley Event Center, 3201 ...
- Medicare can protect your vision
Are you at risk for glaucoma? Glaucoma is an eye disease that causes loss of vision — usually side vision ...
- Oregon moves to enshrine right to health care in state Constitution
Oregon state representatives debate on the state House floor at the Capitol in Salem, Ore., Tuesday, Feb. 13.
- Dear Annie: My mom is a food hoarder
My mother is 79 years old, born during the Depression, and I know that when she was younger, she didn’t ...
- To your good health: Blood tests don’t support parathyroid disease diagnosis
DEAR DR. ROACH: I’m a 78-year-old woman with many symptoms of parathyroid disease (chronic fatigue, feel “ill,” need naps, less ...