- Argus Hamilton: Putin shoots shark in aquarium
Shark Week begins tonight on the Discovery Channel with amazing video of shark life.
- Church News: Week of July 21, 2018
First Congregational Church of Prescott held its 62nd annual pancake breakfast as part of Frontier Days on Saturday, June 30.
- Dear Annie: Busy, not anti-social
Dear Annie: I am doing graduate work online for professional development in my field.
- Arizona hosts national collectors’ convention - Barbie better reflects global diversity
As visitors stroll through the aisles of Barbie dolls arrayed at a national collectors’ convention in Phoenix, one doll among ...
- Arizona officials target species of invasive snail in the lower Salt River
Applesnails are a common aquarium pet, but they’ve also become a nuisance in some of the state’s waterways.
- In reversal, Pentagon now says it backs GOP measure on birds
In an abrupt reversal, the Pentagon said Thursday it supports a Republican proposal in a defense policy bill that would ...
- Senior Menus for the week of Monday, 7/23 to Friday, 7/27
Prescott Meals-on-Wheels serves from 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at 1280 E. Rosser St., Prescott; 445-7630. Menus subject to change.
- Social Security: Monitoring your earnings record can really pay off
You work hard for your money. You’re saving and planning for a secure retirement.
- Dear Annie: Etiquette lacking
Dear Annie: My wife and I have lots of nieces, nephews and other distant relatives and friends who are graduating ...
- Arizona Science Center event at the Cordes Lakes Library included music demonstration
Vicki Caltabiano of the Arizona Science Center, out of Phoenix, was overwhelmed with the crowd at what she thought would ...
- Just what is pickleball?
It is a fairly new game being played and many aren’t aware that it is a combination of tennis, badminton ...
- Corridor Calendar: Week of July 20, 2018
CORDES LAKES Through July 27, the School Food Program is available at the Cordes Lakes Community Center, 16357 S. Cordes ...
- Feature Home: 5289 Porter Creek Dr. • Prescott - 89A & Larry Caldwell Dr.
New homesites have just been released for sale at the popular Walden Farms community, located near the Granite Dells and ...
- Trimming and tidying: Perennials need care too
The great attraction in growing perennial flowers is that you never have to replant them, at least in theory.
- RIGHT AT HOME: Designers look skyward for inspiration
Designer Lee Broom was vacationing at a friend’s house in the Cotswolds, an idyllic bit of rural England.
- Garden of the Month is ‘Phoenix’ rising from the ashes
The July Garden of the Month for the Alta Vista Garden Club could be called “A Phoenix Garden,” not for ...
- INSIDE THE HOME: An hour of meal prep on Sunday sets you up for yummy week
What if you had a prep cook in your kitchen?
- Manage water where it falls for healthier landscape, environment
Too much, not enough, and never when you need it. This is a common complaint of gardeners.
- Buying something? Credit scores still matter
Researchers and startups say all kinds of weird data can predict your creditworthiness.
- Plant sweet bloomers for really big flowers!
How big can a single flower blossom be?
- Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters Women of Influence tour
Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters Women of Influence experienced the Heritage Trail recently with Melissa Ruffner, center, leading them on ...
- Cruise-In For the Veterans raises $20K
The 7th annual Cruise-In For the Veterans car show was held at Yavapai College on April 21 was a tremendous ...
- Nonprofit briefly: ‘Fill the Bus’ event in Prescott Valley is July 23
‘Fill the Bus’ event in Prescott Valley is July 23 The Humboldt Unified School District, with help from one nonprofit ...
- Moore: Check your seed feeders for mold
Our abundant monsoon rains have been awesome! It is amazing how quickly everything greens up within just a few days ...