- Moore: Upcoming birding and nature events
The calendar shows that it is officially spring! This means it is time to prepare for spring migration.
- In 2017, more than 10,000 ‘Conserving Wildlife’ plates purchased, renewed
Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation’s (AZSFWC) “Conserving Wildlife” license plate ended 2017 surpassing the prior year both in license plate ...
- Sunday’s LunaFest to benefit local conference for teen girls
The LunaFest film festival — set for 6 p.m. Sunday, March 25, at the Raven Café, 142 N. Cortez St., ...
- Dear Annie: Shifting attitude on gratitude
Dear Annie: I’m in my late 30s. I’ve read the many letters you’ve printed about how thank-you notes have gone ...
- Nominees sought for AZ’s Outdoor Hall of Fame
The Wildlife for Tomorrow Foundation is soliciting nominations for this year’s inductees into the Arizona Outdoor Hall of Fame.
- Yarnell Elementary School District seeks board member
Yavapai County School Superintendent Tim Carter has announced a vacancy on the Yarnell Elementary School District # 52 Governing Board.
- New dental technologies continue to improve diagnoses and treatments
Dental problems haven’t changed over time, but the technologies used to diagnose and treat them have revolutionized the dental office ...
- Dear Annie: Concerned about odors
Dear Annie: My mother is in her 80s, and I love her very much. At her age, she has earned ...
- Argus Hamilton: Millennials will unplug life-support to re-charge
God Bless America, and how’s everybody? The National Realtors Association predicted a real estate boom with the huge Millennial generation ...
- Workshop this Saturday teaches bike safety to prevent head injuries
From paper boys hustling through their paper routes at dawn to families taking a Sunday afternoon ride through the neighborhood, ...
- DEAR ANNIE: Poor personal hygiene is poisoning office morale
Dear Annie: I am trying to handle a delicate situation at the office.
- To your good health: Endocrinologists provide insulin-pump instructions
My wife is a Type 1 diabetic.
- Volunteer opportunities: March 20, 2018
AARP TaxAide is seeking volunteers for the upcoming tax season in Prescott and Chino Valley.
- Pet focus: Pinto — Catty Shack
Pinto is a male kitty, approximately one-year-old and found outside as a stray.
- Pet focus: Diego & Omar — Miss Kitty’s
Diego and Omar are gorgeous 6 1/2-year-old brothers.
- Pet focus: Scythe -- Yavapai Humane Society
Scythe is an energetic 2-year-old akita boxer mix.
- New, old leprechaun revelers take part in Prescott's annual Pub Crawl
The leprechauns were dancing up and down Whiskey Row – Prescott’s stand-in for the Emerald Isle – for the St. ...
- CASA for Kids: 5-month-old 'Alyssa'
A volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) is needed for 5-month-old “Alyssa.”
- Greek gods gathered at Granite Mountain School's annual event
More than 300 parents, students, and teachers stepped into the world of Greek mythology on Friday, Feb. 23.
- Around the Bluhmin' Town: Robots aren’t quite ready to take over the world, yet
Flippy, where are you?
- Dear Annie: Mom wants newborn’s family to get vaccinated
My wife is pregnant with our first child.
- Quad City schools: My two seniors
We have two Prescott High School (PHS) seniors in our house.
- HUSD kindergarten open houses begin this week
Beginning this week, the Humboldt Unified School District will be holding kindergarten open houses at all six district elementary schools.
- Prescott woman wins at world championship in country dance
Prescott’s Christy McKnight has always loved trying new things. A former bank worker, she changed her career path and has ...