Rants & Raves: Aug. 13
Originally published Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 06:00a.m.
- The news media has backfired on itself. It has shown who the real danger is. Riots after riots, property destruction, and character defamation. Most definitely not the Republicans!
- RE: Deep Well Ranch – say goodbye to what is left of Prescott as we know it. Our politicians are dead set on destroying this city in the glorious name of growth and progress.
- I strongly disagree with the comment on Aug. 6 about local judges’ light sentencing practices. These judges are inexperienced and rule on their personal feelings, not on controlling law; ridiculous and unfair!
- American healthcare is more about profits than it is about patients. If we had a single-payer healthcare system (like “Medicare for All”), at least most of our healthcare dollars would go toward healthcare, not toward insurance company profits.
- The Alarcon Street remodel has at least three design flaws. Last week’s cloud burst tested it pretty hard. My hope is that the construction team from Alarcon shares its flaws with the Marina team.
- Defacing Arizona-issued vehicle license plates - covering “Arizona” in any way, all of these violations are subject to fines up to $300. Why don’t the police enforce these laws?
- We have a pair of bobcats, and now a baby, in our neighborhood. We love observing them. They are no threat. Leave the wildlife to exist in our overtaking their territory.